Our experienced and friendly team run a range of presentations and workshops to inspire your students and guide them through the decision making process. Sessions are aimed at students in Years 11 - 13, but can be tailored for your group. Talks will typically last for 30 minutes, and workshops for around 1-hour - we offer the following topics and can combine various themes into one session where necessary.
- Why Brunel? Keen to hear more about Team Brunel? We’ll highlight the many reasons to apply, from our London campus and facilities to work opportunities, student support and academic research.
- Why go to university? Is university the right choice? Our talk will focus on the many benefits of gaining a university degree, such as enhancing the love of study, improving employment and earning prospects, gaining independence and making new friends.
- How to choose the right course and university? There are many options to consider when making university choices - this session can be run as a talk and/or workshop and will cover tips on where to start, guidance on how to research and pointers on choosing where, what and how to study.
- The UCAS process. Preparing for the UCAS process is an important time for students - this talk will introduce the key moments, from how to apply and track your application to Clearing and Adjustment.
- Writing a great personal statement. A well written, engaging personal statement can greatly enhance an application to university. This session can be run as a talk and/or workshop, helping student’s to develop the skills and knowledge to write a tailored personal statement for their subject of interest.
- Preparing for university interviews. We know that preparing for a university selection interview can be a daunting process for students. Our talk and/or workshop will cover all aspects of how to prepare and include a practical session to get them thinking about how to successfully make it through an interview.
- Student finance and budgeting. To help break down the costs associated with going to university, this session will provide an overview of the financial support available to students including tuition fee and living cost loans, loan repayments, Brunel scholarships and budgeting.
- Student life. Hearing from our current students can provide a valuable insight into university life. Hear directly from our student ambassadors about a range of topics such as their transition to university, their course, clubs and societies, making friends, student accommodation and budgeting.