In this study project different Phasor IDP architectures will be designed and developed to meet the needs of all SSEN and industry stakeholders, including but not limited to:
- Real-time phasor applications within SSE Networks (i.e. protection, control systems).
- Real-time and Near-time situational awareness (access to data in control centres).
- Convenient access to historical phasor data and other data types, including waveform data and oscillography.
- Data transport using existing networks, including the OPTEL network.
- Secure interfaces between networks.
- Data exchange with third parties, including NGESO and NGET.
Meet the Principal Investigator(s) for the project
Related Research Group(s)
Brunel Interdisciplinary Power Systems - Power systems analysis for transmission and distribution networks, smart grids; congestion monitoring in transmission networks; simulation and analysis of new energy markets; optimisation of the design and operation of electrical networks; condition monitoring of power station and power system plant; energy-efficient designs for underground electric power cables.
Partnering with confidence
Organisations interested in our research can partner with us with confidence backed by an external and independent benchmark: The Knowledge Exchange Framework. Read more.
Project last modified 18/12/2020