EU funded project on ERASMUS+ program: "Development of Doctoral Education and Research Capacities of Kyrgyzstani Academia" (DERECKA)
The aim of the project is Strengthening and expanding PhD system in Kyrgyzstan. In order to achieve the aim, the following objectives have to be met:
- Modernisation of existing PhD studies and development of new PhD programmes compliant with EU standards
- Enhancing research competences of academic staff and building innovative research expertise in Kyrgyzstan
- Improvement of administration of governing PhD programmes
- Promotion of PhD culture amongst Academia, stakeholders and wider society in Kyrgyzstan
The expected outcome of the project are
- Strengthened PhD programmes in KG
- PhD students enrolled in new / modernised programmes in KG
- Improved research competences of academic staff in KG
- Increased innovative research expertise in KG research
There is a strong need to improve the quality of scientific mentorship of the research work of a doctoral student, which differs from the traditional mentorship. As it was completely new for them it was difficult for local professors to guide the PhD students' research. They are lacking knowledge of requirements to PhD study and have no skills required for scientific supervision.
For the fullest possible integration into the international system of higher education, the changes in higher education and introducing the national qualification framework and spreading PhD culture in the Kyrgyz Republic are required.
The introduction of PhD programmes as the third cycle of education combines the optimal balance between training and research and reduces the time of preparation and award the highest academic degree. It will increase the interest of young specialists in scientific work.
Meet the Principal Investigator(s) for the project
Related Research Group(s)
AI: Social and Digital Innovation - Social, economic and strategic effects of AI and associated technologies. Impact of AI and related technologies on societies, organisations and individuals.
Partnering with confidence
Organisations interested in our research can partner with us with confidence backed by an external and independent benchmark: The Knowledge Exchange Framework. Read more.
Project last modified 01/07/2021