Our mission is to capitalise on the existing expertise in Electronic and Electrical Engineering in Brunel to create a sustainable world force in the area of Media Communication Systems with view to conduct, promote and disseminate research of international standing and competence.
We aim to pioneer future research directions and innovations in Media Communication systems through the development of new technologies, dissemination of world-class research outputs and system integration of developed hardware and software modules. The core objectives of the Group are as follows:
- To conduct high calibre basic and applied research in key areas related to Media Communications technologies
- To consolidate and support the research activities of the College of Engineering and Design, Brunel University, through the sustainable generation of research income from a variety of funding bodies
- To promote, encourage and support the wider dissemination of its research outputs by publishing in prestigious and internationally leading journals
- To provide a platform for recruiting and training high-quality PhD students and Research Assistants
- To network with and develop further partnerships and alliances with industry
- To facilitate and promote the exploitation of its research outputs in particular technology transfer
View a selection of EEE research projects here. Projects conducted by the group members include:
For information about our research students and doing a PhD with our researchers please visit our Research Degrees page.