Specialist equipment and facilities
Our Centre benefits from dedicated office facilities for the researchers and staff adjacent to the laboratories and extensive research facilities established from research grants and contracts as well as the infrastructure investments by the University. These include:
- 3 Environmental test chambers for investigations at ISO test conditions.
- A 80 kWe micro-gas-turbine Combined Heat and Power system.
- A 800 KWth air heater for heat recovery and high temperature heat exchanger research.
- A 50 kWe supercritical Carbon Dioxide heat to power conversion system.
- CO2 refrigeration test facilities and heat pumps.
- High temperature and pressure heat exchanger test facilities.
- Transport refrigeration systems.
- Hydrogen facilities for hydrogen based power generation, heating and cooling technologies.