We have current research links with:
- Building Research Establishment – sustainable building materials
- Transport Research Laboratory – road preventative maintenance
- KTN-Built Environment – partners in projects
- International Energy Agency - EBC Annexes
- Building Design Consultants (eg Arup, AECOM, Sweco, Buro Happold, Hoare Lea)
- Collaborations with European and US Universities as well as China, Brazil, Malaysia, UAE and developing countries (Jamaica, Ghana)
Centre of excellence
The Grow2Build European Centre of Excellence was established at Brunel in the summer 2015 and will ensure the continuation of the funded project. The aim is to achieve a recognisable presence within the construction industry as a place to seek consultation on every aspect of flax- and hemp-based materials; from cultivation and processing to laboratory research and development to the application of market ready products.
We are committed to the development of strategic partnerships with businesses, industry and the not-for-profit sector that will enhance impactful research and high quality funded research. We are also open to strategic collaborations with high quality academic establishments that will enhance opportunities for large-scale funded projects, DTCs and staff exchanges.
Please contact us and visit our Business pages to find out about collaborating with our experts.