The group has the capabilities of implementing cloud-based multi-plant predictive maintenance plans and strategies, multi-plant product and process performance optimisation services.
Our capabilities include:
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC),
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA),
- Siemens and Allen Bradley PLC,
- Rockwell Automation Suites,
- National Instrument Suite (NI),
- Sensor & Actuation Networks
- Flexible I/O Configurations,
- bespoke control area network solutions for industrial plants,
- integrated multi-plant cloud-based operations and production networking,
- reconfigurable material handling Hardware-in-the-Loop (HiL),
- Software-in-the-Loop (SiL),
- Digital Twins,
- ABB robots,
- RFID technologies
- high performance computing facilities (e.g. intel xeon (E5-2583 V4) platform
- the latest pascal GPU architecture
- state-of-the-art image processing of penetrating (X-Ray) and surface (optical) technologies for micro to large scale.
In addition, our facilities include in-house machine learning, AI, IOT, turn-key manufacturing systems planning and scheduling tools, process optimisation, z-machine breakdown, zero defect (inline product and process quality monitoring solutions) and integrated manufacturing key performance indicator modelling, manufacturing integrated cost function modelling.
We are acquiring advanced material handling systems, 3D Printing of metal and composites, inspection and metrology, CNC, SCADA, central control system units that will lead to a unique capability in the country. Our new Digital Manufacturing Platform that has attracted an investment of over £400,000 and will be enriched with SERG’s equipment as well as Micro Manufacturing Machinery, Metrology capabilities that exist in the Centre creates a physical laboratory for advanced research and demonstration of our innovations.