You are a young carer if you are under the age of 25 at enrolment and someone in your familiy or a friend depends on you for support. This may be because they have an illness,disability,a mental health problem or an addiction.
We currently work in partnership with the local Carers Trust to provide activities which engage and inform young people about educational opportunities and options.
We are developing our outreach to Young Carers so please get in touch if you work with Young Carers.We are happy to organise an event such as a visit to a young carers group, or a campus visit to Brunel University London.We are able to offer tailored events.
Pre-entry advice and guidance
- Support with the application and admissions process. For general information on the application process, please consult our main Admissions pages.
- A pre-sessional induction event
After joining us, we offer
- A named contact at the University who is able to support through struggles that may be faced while undertaking higher education
- The opportunity to become a WP Student Ambassador (paid part-time work complementing students' studies)
- The opportunity in Year 1 to participate in our Widening Participation Summer Internship scheme and in Year 2 our Widening Participation Professional Mentoring programmes which link students with a professional business mentor
- Social events.