Thinking about university? It's never too late. Brunel University London is looking for students with potential regardless of your age or background. You are considered a mature student if you are aged 21 or over when you enrol in undergraduate study.
Brunel is home to hundreds of older students and our undergraduate degrees are designed to open doors in the real world. With great transport links to our London campus, as well as a wide range of onsite accommodation options, studying an undergraduate degree could be easier than you thought.
Discover how a degree from Brunel could benefit your career. Browse our courses or book for an open day to find out more.
What we offer to mature students
Dedicated 1 on 1 support and guidance
- You will receive support with the application and admissions process by a named contact within our Widening Access Team. The guidance offered is tailored to each individual’s circumstances.
- There is also an active mature student society which enables older students at Brunel to network and to support each other academically as well as providing opportunities for socialising.
- Mature students are also offered the opportunity to attend a pre-sessional induction event before beginning their studies at Brunel.
- After joining Brunel, you will have the opportunity to become a Widening Access Student Ambassador (paid part-time work). In Year 1, eligible mature students may participate in our Widening Participation Summer Internship scheme and, in Year 2, our Widening Participation Professional Mentoring programmes which link students with a business mentor.
- Brunel’s Professional Development Centre is also available to you throughout your studies and 3 years post qualifying. Browse our supporting you pages to find out about our student support services.
A great local choice
We’re one of the very few campus-based universities located within the M25. This means that the majority of your needs are catered for on-site, including the Library and Computer Centre, academic and teaching buildings, welfare services, catering, social facilities and even the halls of residence, if you’re living in campus accommodation.
Life long learning bursary
We have 10 full fee waiver bursaries available in 2020/21 to encourage mature students who might otherwise be unable to undertake undergraduate study. Brunel University London also offers a range of other scholarships and bursaries.
Brunel University London welcomes applicants with non-standard qualifications who are considered on the basis of their general education and experience. Learn more here.