The DESINNO project aims at establishing innovation capacities in India with the help of improved Design education considering the modern social, economic and business environment.
Primarily, this project is set up to contribute to the modernization efforts of the industrial design and creative sectors of India through enhanced quality of educational services and future human resources, that are built on transfer of educational curriculum content and good practices from EU Programme Countries.
More specifically, DESINNO project will contribute to the internationalization of the Indian Design Education through the establishment of three Design & Innovation Centres in universities of India. These centres will provide a common ground for:
- the development of innovative and permanent methods for Research and Design approaches
- the establishment of cross-sectoral projects for collaboration and co-learning
- The establishment of Inter-industry projects to facilitate the inclusion of design thinking approaches
- the development of extreme
- affordability principles for the benefit of the developing nations while taking care of the accessibility and sustainability aspects of design.
- the development of community-based programs enabling designers, craftsmen and artisans
- the modernization and internationalization of Indian HEIs by improving the university design courses that will encompass product and service design by following state of the art methodologies in design thinking, sustainability, design research, social innovation, ethical issues in design, etc.
Meet the Principal Investigator(s) for the project
Partnering with confidence
Organisations interested in our research can partner with us with confidence backed by an external and independent benchmark: The Knowledge Exchange Framework. Read more.
Project last modified 22/07/2020