Dr Yurui Fan
Lecturer in Flood and Coastal Engineering
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 265717
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences
- Produced over 70 peer-reviewed journal papers in water and environmental systems analysis.
- Lead/participated in research projects supported by industrial, governmental, and international organizations (e.g. Royal Society, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, Canada Foundation for Innovation, Environment and Climate Change Canada, Saskatchewan Ministry of the Environment, Ontario Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change, Stantec, SaskEnergy, SaskPower, TransGas)
- Produced high-quality peer-reviewed journal papers published on Water Resources Research, Journal of Hydrology, Advances in Water Resources, IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy System, Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, and Environmental Modelling & Software
- Areas of research interests include hydrological and flooding prediction, flooding risk assessment, and climate change and adaptation.
Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Systems Engineering: 05/2009 – 04/2015
University of Regina, Regina, SK, Canada
Master of Science in Engineering: 09/2006 – 06/2008
North China Electric Power University, Beijing, China
Bachelor of Science in Statistics: 09/2002 – 06/2006
Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, China
Newest selected publications
Wang, F., Huang, GH., Fan, Y. and Li, YP. (2022) 'Development of a disaggregated multi-level factorial hydrologic data assimilation model'. Journal of Hydrology, 610. pp. 127802 - 127802. ISSN: 0022-1694
Gu, D., Guo, J., Fan, Y., Zuo, Q. and Yu, L. (2022) 'Evaluating water-energy-food system of Yellow River basin based on type-2 fuzzy sets and Pressure-State-Response model'. Agricultural Water Management, 267. pp. 107607 - 107607. ISSN: 0378-3774
Huang, K., Dai, L., Yu, L., Fan, Y., Huang, G., Xiao, Y. and (2022) 'Planning regional-scale water-energy-food nexus system management under uncertainty: An inexact fractional programming method'. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, 247. pp. 1 - 14. ISSN: 0169-7722 Open Access Linket al.
Wang, X., Fan, Y., Zhao, S., Xie, Y. and Von Storch, H. (2022) 'Editorial: Future Climate Scenarios: Regional Climate Modelling and Data Analysis'. Frontiers in Environmental Science, 10. pp. 1 - 4.Open Access Link
Fan, Y. and Gariel, RK. (2022) 'Multivariate Hydrologic Risk Analysis for River Thames'. Water, 14 (3). pp. 1 - 21.Open Access Link