I joined Brunel University London in April 2019, and have been a nurse academic since 2013. My experience as a mental health nurse academic includes teaching and leading on BSc/PG Dip pre-registration nursing programmes. I have made significant evidence informed teaching contributions in subject areas such as: mental health nursing skills, fundamentals in nursing research, community public health and leadership and management in nursing. Module leadership responsibilities have included subjects such as mental health nursing skills and public health community mental health nursing. Providing pastoral support through personal tutoring and research supervision support to students are also areas of academic experience and great success.
I am a registered mental health nurse with over 20 years of clinical experience working in the National Health Service (NHS). Clinical leadership duties included roles such Staff Nurse, Clinical Team Leader, Community Psychiatric Nurse and Senior Nurse Practitioner; these were undertaken in inpatient and community mental health settings. A significant portion of my clinical experience has been in community mental health nursing settings providing clinical leadership in an inner London rapid response Crisis Assessment Mental Health Service.
- MSc Education for Healthcare Professionals (2017) - King's College London
- BSc (Hons) Community Health Care (2008) - Buckinghamshire New University
- Dip HE – Mental Health Nursing (2001) - Demontfort University
PROFESSIONAL (Nursing and Midwifery Council)
- Registered Nurse – Mental Health (2001)
- Specialist Practitioner – Community Mental Health Nursing (2008)
- NMC Approved Teacher (2014)
Departmental Director for Teaching and Learning