After a number of years working in industrial R&D labs, I worked in Further Education for about two years before joining Brunel in January 2010. I worked in the taught programmes offices, mostly involved with Sport, Health & Exercise Sciences course administration and taking a keen interest in mitigating circumstances. I spent six months on secondment as an Awards Officer.
Since January 2017 I have been working as College Operations Administrator, supporting the organisation of a wide range of College events.
During the pandemic I temporarily supported the work of the Life Sciences Taught Porgrammes Office. I am returning to my Events role from August 2021
As restrictions ease I anticipate dividing my working time between home and campus, flexibly according to business needs.
I am 6 months into a Level 4 Project Management Apprenticeship.
- Support the organisation of Health Sciences selection days, including:
- liaison with admissions tutors regarding dates and room requirements
- liaison with CMSR regarding campus tours, "goody bags" and other matters reating to selection days
- arranging printing of materials such as programmes and signage
- liaise with Main Reception and Portering as appropriate
- Support the organisation of College-Wide events, such as Education Day, Staff Challenge, Social events and Staff Development Days
- Support the organisation of one-off events and conferences hosted by the College
- Hands on, in-depth involvement or advisory only, depending on requirements
- Liaison/advice regarding Conference team, Portering, Catering, etc
- Contribute, as appropriate to University events such as the Garden Party
- New area - support the delivery of on-line and hybrid events
- Line manager to Apprentice Events Assistant who is the Zoom webinar licence holder for CHMLS