This scheme is open to International students who have graduated this year or will be graduating within 12 months from 1 May 2019 and will apply for the visa within three months of their graduation. If you are graduating between 1 May 2019 and 30 April 2020, you will need to apply for the tier 1 visa GES scheme by 1 June 2019.
This year the Innovation Hub has introduced some criteria around the submissions:
1. The student must have financial ability and commitment to spend the majority of their working time solely on developing their business. This is now a new requirement in the visa rules.
2. Their idea must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Clear links with Brunel University London (e.g. a business directly applying learning from Brunel)
- Is a very novel entrepreneurial idea displaying innovation and creativity
- Shows a clear evolution path to the Central Research Laboratory (a manufacturing entrepreneur incubator which is sponsored by Brunel)
3. The student must have evidence of entrepreneurship. The student must have taken steps to prepare themselves and have what it takes to run a business
4. The student must agree to assist Brunel with promoting entrepreneurship
5. The student must submit annual and quarterly updated plans in advance of pre-agreed meeting dates with defined activities (i.e. ongoing work) and deliverables (measurable outcomes) that can be measured against plans and recorded and evidenced for UK immigration.