The Assistive Technology Centre (ATC) provides a quiet working area for disabled students with equipment for you to use. In the ATC, there are networked PCs, printing, photocopying and scanning facilities and private study rooms.
The Assistive Technology Centre has a swipe access, meaning that only students known to Student Wellbeing can access the facility. If you have any trouble accessing the ATC, please let Student Wellbeing know.
Monday -Friday 09.00 – 22.00
Saturday 10.00 – 15.00
The centre also has a wide range of assistive technology for you to use including:
- Mind-Mindmapping Software: MindView and XMind
- Text-to-Speech Software: Read&Write, Zoomtext and JAWS
- Book Scanners: Opticbook 3800 scanners (these scanners scan quickly and effectively into the spine of the book, which can then be converted to Word or PDF).
- Scanning to Text (OCR) Software: Read&Write and Abbyy FineReader.
- Spellchecking and Proofreading Software: WhiteSmoke, Global Autocorrect and Read&Write
- Voice Recognition Software: Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Mice and Ergonomic Keyboards: A reange of ergonomic keyboards and mice.
- CCTV Magnifiers: Desktop and portable CCTV magnifiers.
- Adjustable Height Tables: Automatic adjustable height tables with electric motors.
- Ergonomic Chairs: A range of adjustable ergonomic chairs.