Who are the Performance Programmes designed for?
The Sports Performance Programme is a programme of coaching, support services and facilities access designed to help those current Brunel students who are looking to continue and develop their skill, fitness and performance levels in either Athletics, Netball, Football, Futsal, Basketball, Rugby Union, American Football or Lacrosse. These are Brunel’s chosen Performance Sports for 2019/20.
To be eligible to join a Brunel Sports Performance Programme athletes must be:
- Students currently registered at Brunel University
- Current members of the associated Brunel Student Union sports club
What benefits do Sports Performance Programme members receive?
- Access to the Indoor Athletics Centre (IAC) including the Strength & Conditioning Weights Area for the whole academic year
- High level coaching provided by qualified National Governing Body coaches employed by Brunel Sport
- Help to establish a training/study routine when arriving at University
- Weekly Strength & Conditioning sessions
- Spa Access including use of the Plunge Pool, Steam Room, Sauna & Jacuzzi
- Free physio/sports massage at selected times each week with Uxbridge Physiotherapy
How much does the Sports Performance Programme membership cost?
SPP Membership £180 per academic year giving to access to the IAC only
New to 2019 is SPP Gold Membership £220 per academic year, giving you access to both the IAC and the Sport Centre Gyms.
How do I become a member of the Sports Performance Programme?
Becoming a member of the SPP is a three step process:
1) Buy your union Sports Membership online £35.00
2) Join the relevant Brunel SPP Club - Athletics, Netball, Football, Futsal, Basketball, Rugby Union, American Football or Lacrosse online.at https://brunelstudents.com/teambrunel/
3) Buy your SPP membership from either the Indoor Athletics Centre or Sports Centre Receptions. You will have to provide proof that you have already joined the relevant Brunel Student Union Club before your SPP membership can be purchased. N.B Individual membership to SPP will have to be authorised by the Union of Brunel Students and relevant SPP club committee.