Exit Menu

Landlord Information - Rent Guarantee

Why should you rent your property through Brunel Student Lettings?

  • Your rent payments are guaranteed - guaranteed rent for the term of the lease!
  • Only way to directly advertise your property to approx 12,000 students
  • Full Management of your property - including inventory, inspections, maintenance etc
  • All tenant queries are dealt with through Brunel Student Lettings
  • You do not need to sign up to a deposit protection scheme as the University holds the tenants deposit
  • We offer competitive rent levels

Arrange an appointment

How does it work?

The University will rent the property from you and then re-let the property back to a group of students, who will have been checked by the University. Brunel Student Lettings takes over the day to day management of the property and will carry out regular inspections. Unless we have to notify you of any repairs you should have no further worries. As your rent payments are guaranteed you do not need to worry about  residents defaulting on payments. The length of the lease will usually be for 51 weeks.

If you have a good quality, affordable property, preferably within walking distance of the University, which is suitable for groups of people, then this may be your preferred option.

Is my property suitable?

A property with a minimum of 3 bedrooms within walking distance of the University will be suitable for Brunel Student Lettings to let. It will particularly appeal to students if there is more than one bathroom or if the rooms have double beds.

The minimum requirements are:

  • one bedroom for each student
  • one communal living room/area
  • enough cooking/kitchen space for each occupier
  • enough shower/bath and toilet facilities for the number of occupiers
  • good decorative order
  • a good standard of furnishing, compliant with current fire furnishing safety standards
  • a current Gas Safety Certificate
  • a current Electrical Safety Certificate
  • an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
  • fulfilment of all current health and safety standards for the size of the property (see the schedule of works documents below)
  • a current HMO (Houses in Multiple Occupations) License from the Local Authority
  • current house and buildings insurance for renting to students

What do I need to provide?

Minimum requirements are:

  • Bed, mattress, wardrobe, chest of drawers, desk and chair in the students bedroom
  • Enough living room seating for the number of student in the house
  • Dining table and chairs 
  • Oven and hob
  • Washing machine
  • Vacuum cleaner
  • Bins
  • In communal areas enough seating for the number of occupiers should be provided


Useful links

Schedule of works (maisonettes)

Schedule of works (semi-detached and terraced houses)

Schedule of works (three storey properties and HMOs)

Regulatory Information