The Brunel Innovation Voucher Scheme is specifically designed to promote collaborative innovation between Brunel and UK SMEs by offering vouchers to be used toward the costs of projects using the university’s facilities and / or its academic staff. The vouchers will be allocated to projects that develop new products, processes or services that will help the company innovate, develop and grow.
The value of an Innovation Voucher is between £1,000 and £5,000, which covers the academic project costs. The company contributes an equal value in cash or in kind (such as staff time, materials or equipment) or a combination of both.
- Fantastic grant for small businesses to develop new products or processes in collaboration with Brunel.
- Make new contacts with Brunel researchers, many of whom have strong links in the UK and overseas.
- Access to the latest specialist research equipment that we have invested millions in.
- Being based in London and close to Heathrow, we are conveniently located.
The application process is straightforward. The following criteria apply – you must:
- Be defined as a small and medium size enterprise (SME). For example, have less than 250 employees and have less than £50 million turnover
- Contribute in some way to the project
- Have a business idea that will help to innovate and grow
- Need specialist help to complete a business challenge
- Be located in the UK
It is up to the business owner/affiliate to decide the type of project they would like to pursue. We have academics in a range of fields from engineering to digital media to business so we will have the expertise to cover most projects.
To discuss the scheme to see if your project fits please get in touch: