Our staff members are integral to our reputation and our students' university experience. We offer a variety of benefits, activities and development opportunities to ensure you excel in your role and enjoy your time working with us.
We believe our vibrant and attractive campus environment, excellent benefits, development opportunities, and campus activities, provide a great place to work and nurture a desired work/life balance.
We are located in Uxbridge, West London which is easily commutable from London, Heathrow and the surrounding areas with tube, train and bus links as well as being easily accessed by car via the M4, M40, and M25.
Benefits of being part of our team
- Generous pension schemes - we are committed to providing our staff with a work place pension scheme - USS & LGPS
- Annual leave - we offer generous annual leave entitlements according to staff group and grade and this is reflected in your terms and conditions of service. In addition to the eight standard UK bank holidays, extra statutory days are provided each year for extended university closure at Easter and/or Christmas.
- Private medical insurance
- Give as you earn
- London allowance
Family leave and work life balance
Here at Brunel we are proud to provide a supportive environment for our employees who seek to balance responsibilities within their home and working lives.
The following is a selection of some of our policies and benefits which are designed to assist our employees. To find out more, click on the links to view the documents:
There’s always something to take part in
Staff can enjoy a vast range of activities and events throughout the year, including:
- catering outlets and bars
- Art Centre courses
- lunchtime concerts
- More Energy Fitness Centre - enjoy reduced membership rates
- use of the sports centre
- complementary therapies
- bicentenary gardens and picnic areas
- use of the library
- language courses
- evening performances
- public lectures
Encouraging your personal and professional development
Working in partnership with all areas of the University, Staff Development provides relevant training and development opportunities throughout the year, including:
- academic practice
- you and your development
- Athena Swan
Caring about your commute
Commuting is rarely fun, but we aim to provide any assistance in the best ways possible.
- Car parking is available to staff parking on our campus by purchasing a parking permit. Current cost is 0.3% of basic salary up to a maximum of £25.08 per month
- car hire scheme - partnered with Hertz
- interest free cycle loan scheme
- season ticket - interest free loan scheme
- on campus accommodation - Lancaster Suite & Spa offering exceptional value
- business travel insurance
Looking after you
Our staff are our greatest asset which is why we provide a variety of services alongside regular consultations to ensure your well-being is always taken care of, including:
- Counselling Service
- conflict coaching/mediation
- Disability & Dyslexia Service
- occupational health via management referral
- campus pharmacy
- Brunel Volunteers
- Chaplaincy and the meeting house (facilities for prayer)
- focus groups
- medical centre